An Army Wife's Life

Once upon a time I was a college student, then I was a teacher, and now I'm a mother. Technically, I'm currently a freelance writer... but really I am an ARMY WIFE. Expect to find... funny (at least to me) anecdotes, thoughts about la vida military, hopes, anxieties, dreams, commentaries on current events.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Where there's smoke...

As I type these words, I am blowing my nose, watching my baby, and caring for two cats in the garage, two cats in the house, and two dogs in the yard.

There's a fire on post, close to a friend's house, so they are stashing their pets with us for the meantime.

It is also a super-windy day. So, besides the concern that the little weiner dogs could blow away, that doen't bode well for fire control.

Loki (the big furry cat) seems concerned, but is generally taking this new development in stride. Calypso (the Russian Blue) has been hiding and just came out to low crawl to her food. Hopefully she won't throw up.

DH is at a bachelor party about 3 hours away overnight.

So, I'm running this three-ringer all by my sick self at the moment.

It isn't all bad, though, Lilah burst into spontaneous giggles watching the dogs run around the back yard.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home