My first tagging!
Dyzgoneby tagged me (although the link goes somewhere else right now ;-) ) ...a first for me!
4 Jobs You Have Had In Your Life
Soon I'll be Momma...but in the meantime:
1. Freelance Writer: That's what I am doing right now. I suppose I could list all my jobs as separate but where's the fun in that. I mostly write educational curricula and articles.
2. Teacher: That's what I was before DH decided to play GI Joe. I really enjoyed working with teenagers and teaching them writing, history, and art history, but this is a welcome break from administrators and insane parents. They cared more about high grades and paperwork than about teaching and learning.
3. Camp Counselor: One of the most fun jobs I have had. I could help kids to learn and have fun without all of the craziness of the school year.
4. Children's Party Entertainer: Definitely my strangest job. The agency would dress me up as Jasmine or Snow White or whatever and I would do face painting and balloon animals and story time. A lot of fun...except when the dads tried to hit on me.
I've also been a PR assistant for a not-for-profit, sold puzzle rings, temped for a summer, and probably a few other things I've blocked out.
4 Movies You Would Watch Over and Over
Tough one...I love SOOO many movies.
1. Dark Crystal: So magical! You can't beat the oldies. I just got it on DVD (a double with Labyrinth). I've heard they are coming out with a sequel; I'm a little worried.
2. Breakfast at Tiffany's: I shared this movie with DH when we started dating...and shhh...don't tell anyone...but he liked it, too!
3. Princess Bride: A chick flick that guys also love. DH and I play the rhyming game sometimes.
4. Monty Python and the Holy Grail: Funnier each and every time.
Runners up: Everything else by Monty Python, Elizabeth, Gone with the Wind, Tombstone, Red...the list goes on and on. I also love a good classic horror flick.
4 TV Shows You Love to Watch
When DH is not around, I keep the TV on for background noise, but I am usually writing or cleaning or something else, rather than actually watching the television.
1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Not on anymore but I was shocked to discover how much I love this show. This has gotten me hooked on Angel and later Charmed, but Buffy is my fave.
2. Project Runway: They just crack me up and their designs are so fun. I've never made fashion a budget priority, but I like to look at it.
3. The Simpsons: Although I prefer the recent Family Guy over recent Simpsons, no animated show beats classic Simpsons.
4. The Daily Show: Even if Stewart is a liberal, he's still funny.
4 Places You Have Lived
1. NYC: The best city on earth.
2. The People's Republic of Cambridge: Not bad. Closes down too early.
3. New Haven: Will always hold a special place in my heart.
4. Killeen, TX: Where I am right now. I'm trying to be positive today so I will leave it at that.
4 Places You Have Been On Vacation
This one is tough, because DH and I LOVE traveling. I couldn't even rank my four favorites because they have all been so amazing.
1. Southeast Asia - Cambodia, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Bangkok: Just so different from anywhere I've been before. The religious culture and architecture was just so fascinating to me and the people were so friendly.
2. Eastern Europe - Prague, Budapest, and Transylvania: Other than beer, beer, and more beer...well, there is the fun cities, the awesome cathedrals, and the charming countryside
3. Inca Trail: The most challenging vacation I ever took...and I loved camping out with my husband in ancient ruins.
4. Andalusia in Spain: Beautiful blend of cultures, gorgeous architecture, and yummy tapas.
4 GREAT Places Where You Just Said, "Eh .."
1. Cancun: Just not my scene.
Other than that, I really just approach the world with a sense of wonder. I still occasionally pull over to watch the turkey vultures and hawks after a year and a half in Texas.
Nature, Art, Culture, People...it all just continues to amaze me.
4 Websites You Visit Daily
Embarrassing... but I actually spend too much wasted time on the 'net.
1. Various Comics and Political Cartoon Websites, see my sidebar for some.
2. Rantings of a Sandmonkey: One of the first blogs I ever started reading--still one of the best.
3. Various Celeb Gossip Blogs: Just to keep up with my friends' pop culture knowledge.
4. Household Six: The majority of my non-work related internet time.
4 Milblogs You Visit Daily
I don't know if I visit daily, since most of them don't update daily.
1. The Patriette: I love her perspective and am constantly amazed at how our lives sometimes seem to parallel.
2. Days Gone By: I guess I have to mention you...hahaha, just kidding.
3. Patiently Waiting...: Always leaves me comments, which I LOVE...
4. Blue Star Chronicles: An excellent summary of what is going on in our virtual milworld.
There are more...see my tags and my sidebar...
4 People to Tag
1. The Patriette
2. Karen at Life As I Know It: Just such a sweet, admirable person.
3. Katy at Poop, Paxil, and Pageantry: Just gotta see her answers
4. Val at Ruminations of the Ordinary: She's interesting and she says she has just rediscovered my blog...let's see if she lost it again or not.