An Army Wife's Life

Once upon a time I was a college student, then I was a teacher, and now I'm a mother. Technically, I'm currently a freelance writer... but really I am an ARMY WIFE. Expect to find... funny (at least to me) anecdotes, thoughts about la vida military, hopes, anxieties, dreams, commentaries on current events.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Oh Romeo, oh romeo...

This evening the Vive Les Arts Theatre in Killeen had a preview performance of Romeo and Juliet and a reception for the spouses of deployed soldiers.

So, I asked some of my friends to go and we had a great time.

There was some confusion about the starting time and the even was not well-promoted. So, I spoke with the director and offered to help get the word out next time. Apparently the last unit that was deployed had several spouses on the board and there was a better turn out. It is so nice that the theater does this for us--I would love it if more spouses attended next time.

They have a mix of kids and adults in the cast and the performance was very enjoyable. They structured the play as part of a classroom lesson, with faculty "guests" playing the older roles. I would have personally gone even further with this...creating more of an interplay between the classroom and the kids lives...but it still was an interesting conceit.

Even in Killeen with no husband around and a pregnancy preventing any alcohol-related buzz, there is still fun to be had!

Still, I miss MY Romeo...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home