An Army Wife's Life

Once upon a time I was a college student, then I was a teacher, and now I'm a mother. Technically, I'm currently a freelance writer... but really I am an ARMY WIFE. Expect to find... funny (at least to me) anecdotes, thoughts about la vida military, hopes, anxieties, dreams, commentaries on current events.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

How Hot Is It? (My Busy Day)

It is so hot... I had to turn the a/c on so the chocolate chips would solidify enough for me to vacuum seal the cookies I just made.

I woke up bright and early to attend the Ft. Hood Women's Conference. I learned some simple flower arranging and have my handiwork on my table right now. The next two classes were a little silly--Decorating and Entertaining 101 did not really teach me anything I did not already know or could not pick up from a book. I skipped out on my final session: Easy Gourmet Recipes. I'm a pretty good cook and figured I have plenty of good recipes already.

I am looking to quilt-making tomorrow!

Then I baked three batches of cookies for the Children's Advocacy Center, which provides services to abused children.

The remaining cookies will go to DH and his platoon. I am making a little surprise, but since he reads this blog I will share after he receives the package.

Now I should go finish up and then actually do some work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home