An Army Wife's Life

Once upon a time I was a college student, then I was a teacher, and now I'm a mother. Technically, I'm currently a freelance writer... but really I am an ARMY WIFE. Expect to find... funny (at least to me) anecdotes, thoughts about la vida military, hopes, anxieties, dreams, commentaries on current events.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Gimme Your Money

For a Junior League fundraiser for the Children's Advocacy Center (works with abused children) I have visited over 24 local stores, begging for money and auction items. I've also helped mail invites and get decorations ready.

I am so tired! We got a lot of gift certificates from the restaurants, two ceiling fans from Lowes (odd, but generous), and possibly a really nice quilt. I also got a winery to donate and a few other businesses. Hopefully this will bring in lots of money for the kids.

A lot of larger businesses have cut down on their giving after the Hurricane--they are either going entirely through the national office or they have chosen just one charity to support.

Still, I think we will do pretty well....the event is also almost sold out and we just started selling tickets.

One of my stops was Petsmart...and I made the mistake of looking at their adoption center. Two little kitties called out to me when they saw me look. One started purring as soon as I ame near the cage--I did not even have to touch him. I already have two adorable kitties and the baby on the way...please give me strength. I'd adopt them all if I could.

While a friend and I were soliciting for prizes, we went out for Sushi. There we chatted with a member of DH's fan club, the Sushi chef. He went on and on about how smart, how handsome, how successful and how brave my husband is.

Of course he is; I married him.

Still, it never fails to amaze me how DH just draws everyone in and wins them over.

More blogging when things settle down a little.

1 Comments:

At 10:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I started to get real income.
It's all about how to select a proper partner who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the profit with me.

You may ask, if there are such firms? I have to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home