An Army Wife's Life

Once upon a time I was a college student, then I was a teacher, and now I'm a mother. Technically, I'm currently a freelance writer... but really I am an ARMY WIFE. Expect to find... funny (at least to me) anecdotes, thoughts about la vida military, hopes, anxieties, dreams, commentaries on current events.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Not One of My Best Days

Today was blah--although my mood is good.

I woke up to go to volunteer tutoring and had a TERRIBLE headache.

It has been really hot in the house so I think I got dehydrated. I've got the ceiling fans on now but I refuse to turn on air conditioning in February.

So, I slept for another hour, had a cup of tea and several cups of water, and started to get myself together.

Then the toilet clogged. So, I had to go next door to borrow a plunger.

Then I spent the rest of the day wrestling with some really buggy proprietary software have to use for one of my consulting projects.

Then I agreed to write an article that does not really interest me for a magazine just so they keep coming to me with more articles.

Finally, I received an e-mail from our FRG leader. Rear Detachment is going to call all of us to verify our numbers and check on us. Some of the ladies don't have e-mails (and many who do not have e-mails are not 100% comfortable with the English language), so as a key caller I have to now find time to call all of the ones on my list ASAP so they aren't freaked out by a call from the military while their husbands are deployed.

One of the ladies on my list seems to be having some difficulties, so I have to try to draw that out of her as subtly as possible.

On a brighter note, I've received some nice Valentine's cards from friends and family and I have plans to get out of town for a little this weekend.

Also, at least having to ask for the plunger meant that I finally got around to asking my neighbor over.

Things are looking up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home