An Army Wife's Life

Once upon a time I was a college student, then I was a teacher, and now I'm a mother. Technically, I'm currently a freelance writer... but really I am an ARMY WIFE. Expect to find... funny (at least to me) anecdotes, thoughts about la vida military, hopes, anxieties, dreams, commentaries on current events.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

First to Pop

Anyone here been the first of their friends to have kids?

I'm not the first, first. Of course almost all my friends here are other moms or moms-to-be...but I am talking about the friends from pre-Army life. If DH does decide to go back to civilian life when his commitment is up, that will be my main social group.

I have one friend who is now on number two from college, but she is one of my younger friends and my older friends do not know her. Also, she is in DC, not NYC.

DH and I really didn't go "clubbing" anyway. I haven't done that since I was a teen.

Still, most of our friends are in the city.

Even the fact that a growing family may mean DH and I will move to the suburbs instead of the city will totally change our social life.

Will they take the train out to the suburbs to play cards with us and stay over or catch that last train back in? What if they have to be at work the next day? Lawyers do work on Saturdays.

Will they really want to be around babies and all of the noise and mess?

I know I will be fine with these changes, and I have high hopes for DH, but I wonder how my friends will adjust?

Not a huge worry, mind you...because my priority is my newly growing family...but I am just wondering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home