An Army Wife's Life

Once upon a time I was a college student, then I was a teacher, and now I'm a mother. Technically, I'm currently a freelance writer... but really I am an ARMY WIFE. Expect to find... funny (at least to me) anecdotes, thoughts about la vida military, hopes, anxieties, dreams, commentaries on current events.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Modest Needs Charity for That Little Extra Boost

Here's an interesting concept: Modest Needs.

Once upon a time, so the story goes, neighbors took care of each other. They were often in the best position to determine who really needed help, and what sort of help they actually needed. Then the Depression came along and it was like a case of national bad luck--almost everyone, it seemed, needed help. So, the government stepped in with its relief, recovery, and reform. Along the way they instituted safety nets that are the sacred cows of liberals and the demons of conservatives.

But I'm not here to talk politics.

I'm here to mention something interesting I noticed in the BlogHer Ad on my sidebar--a charity that has a new take on the idea of neighborhood hat passing. If you are an ordinarily self-supporting household who just had a spot of bad luck, you can apply for a modest needs grant. Once you get back on your feet, it is easy to return the favor by becoming a donor yourself.

If you have some extra money and would like to choose exactly what sort of need to fund, you can use modest needs to find a deserving person or family. You purchase points and then use your points to fund needs. Your money is pooled with others, so every little bit really does help. You can make a one-time donation or set up a recurring donation, which will be doubled by a matching grant.

Modest Needs does due diligence and pays the requested bills directly--so you can rest assured the money is actually going where it is supposed to go. And you'll be able to receive testimonials from the needs you've helped to fund.

So, if you can't pay the heating bill this month because you were put on bed rest, or you have some extra cash and would like to help out someone in need, check out Modest Needs.

Anyway, I saw that on my sidebar and I thought about how generous all my readers are and how some of them occasionally are in need of a little financial assistance.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct partner utilizes your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://japulyrem.bigheadhosting.net/pudemelu.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

 
At 11:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may commense earning with a money that usually is spent
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home