An Army Wife's Life

Once upon a time I was a college student, then I was a teacher, and now I'm a mother. Technically, I'm currently a freelance writer... but really I am an ARMY WIFE. Expect to find... funny (at least to me) anecdotes, thoughts about la vida military, hopes, anxieties, dreams, commentaries on current events.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My Cousin's Passing

One of my cousins was born with severe physical and mental disabilities. She was given very low odds for survival, but she lived for fifteen years.

My uncle, who is fifteen years younger than my father, and aunt had four other children after her.

Caring for my cousin was no doubt very complicated. She had many needs.

Still, her joy was a ray of love for many in the family. She was an angel who taught us a lot about the value of human life.

My cousin required many operations as her body grew. During this last operation there were complications. She was in the hospital for weeks, battling an infection. We thought she was getting better and would be able to go home soon, but a few days ago she passed away.

My uncle is devestated.

I had twelve cousins and now I have eleven living cousins.

That's really all I can say about this right now, but I wanted to share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home