An Army Wife's Life

Once upon a time I was a college student, then I was a teacher, and now I'm a mother. Technically, I'm currently a freelance writer... but really I am an ARMY WIFE. Expect to find... funny (at least to me) anecdotes, thoughts about la vida military, hopes, anxieties, dreams, commentaries on current events.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Vivid Neurotic Dreams

I have begun to have "inadequate mother" dreams, in which I am trying to take care of my baby and messing up:

Last night I placed her on the floor on a changing pad to change her. When I turned around from grabbing the diaper, she was gone. Someone pointed out a baby shape under a pile of blankets. Terrified she might smother, I pulled the blankets off and then found nothing under there.

You don't need to be a master of dream analysis to figure out these are just the common fears and anxieties of a new mother to be.

Just wondering--anyone else have these dreams while they were pregnant?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home