An Army Wife's Life

Once upon a time I was a college student, then I was a teacher, and now I'm a mother. Technically, I'm currently a freelance writer... but really I am an ARMY WIFE. Expect to find... funny (at least to me) anecdotes, thoughts about la vida military, hopes, anxieties, dreams, commentaries on current events.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Webcam Wonders


DH decided to experiment with the webcam in a Cyber Cafe tonight (or this morning, his time). I really need to get me one of these!

Seeing his face made me SOOO happy! You can tell he just got back from PT.

I am really tired right now but that perked me up. DH reminded me I have to pamper myself because he is not here to do it. He suggested a little bowl of Cherry Garcia iced cream so I think I'm going to get a bid bowl out right now.

This morning, I sent my first "CARE" packages off--really it was a bunch DH's equipment he could not fit in his bags. Tomorrow I can start sending the fun ones. Some friends have given me great ideas, which I'll share later.

Last night I also ordered him some equipment to be sent directly. For those who are trying to pack for deployment right now, you should get a high-powered, hand-held, rechargable spotlight, and a slingshot as well. The slingshot is for discouraging those who get too close to the convoys. Apparently now the soldiers have to fill out tons of paperwork everytime they discharge a weapon. So, the slingshots streamline the process while still affording some protection.

I also set up a wish list for him on Amazon.com so he could get videos, books, and small electronics (a USB mini-mouse) from friends and family members who want to send him things.

Well...off to wrap Christmas presents so I can send them off tomorrow to New York. The cats are "helping."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home